Wednesday, February 8, 2006

Stuff to Chew On: Which Anti-Filibuster Dems AREN'T Vichy?

I haven't succumbed to the temptation to label all the Dems who voted against the Alito filibuster as being Official Enemies of the Party. Rather, I look on that list as a good starting point for making that evaluation, and more importantly, I saw that vote as an opportunity to put the fence-straddlers on notice that the grassroots are waking up and feeling ornery. That's different from saying they all should be thrown out, and I'm VERY open to hearing from you who you think is or isn't a Vichy, and why.

In that vein, here's a good and apparently heartfelt analysis of who is and isn't a sellout, advocating that we still support some of the Alito 19. I'm not endorsing his conclusions, just passing along the link to stimulate thought and discussion.

No comments: